- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4 oz) cans Hatch diced green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2-1/2 cups monterrey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese (or a mixture of both!)
Preheat oven to 350*.
In a saucepan, saute onions and garlic with a little butter and ev olive oil until slightly transparent. Add green chilies, and black beans and heat through. In a mixing bowl, add shredded chicken; then add in onion/chilies/bean mixture. Mix together and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup until well blended. Add about 1/2 cup of the sauce to your chicken/onion mixture; then add in 1 cup of cheese, mix well.
In a 9x13 baking dish, put 1/4 cup of sauce in the bottom and spread around to cover the bottom of the pan.
Fill each tortilla with the mixture and roll up. Place each seam side down in the baking dish. Cover with remaining sauce and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Serve with cilantro on top… and maybe a little sour cream! Enjoy!