Thursday, September 1, 2011

Zucchini Bites

2011-08-20 16.16.20
Be careful! These are so addicting! We’ve made several batches
in the last 2 weeks using our garden fresh zucchinis!
  • 2 cups shredded Zucchini
  • 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
  • 8 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped {I have used 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley, that was good too}
  • 1/2 tsp. Garlic Salt
{If you’re lazy, like me, put your parsley and onion in a food processor and chop it up in there! I don’t like huge chunks, so that does the job perfectly!}
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Scoop into a well greased mini muffin pan. Fill to the top, but not overflowing. Bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes. Let cool.
Makes about 2 dozen.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those sound soo good. I'm jealous of your garden!

Unknown said...

I made these today as a side dish for supper. I was hoping that it would be something I could make and freeze, to have in a pinch, but they really are best when eaten fresh from the oven. I had to reheat them to serve for supper, and they lost a lot in the texture department-didn't reheat well.
I will make them again,knowing to eat them right away.

Jenn said...

Just saw this on here... Right, this is not a recipe to freeze, or even store in the fridge. They should be eaten warm out of the oven to enjoy them. When reheated, they get a little rubbery. :)